I’ll be turning 30 in two weeks. I look back sometimes and think that I haven’t achieved much or that I’m not doing much with my life. I know it’s not true because people compliment me sometimes on things that I have done.
But I feel as though I’ve gotten into a rut. Every week seems to have the same schedule. The places I go and the things I do tend to be different depending on the time of the year but the time frames are always the same and everything repeats each year. As much as I think it would be fun to quit everything and have a complete lifestyle change, I don’t have much of a plan to be able to do so and have a back-up in place if I need to change back.
What I’ve decided I will be doing is making small temporary changes to try new things and put more variety into my life.
The idea came from looking at some 30 day challenges people were doing. They’d pick one thing to do for 30 days and at the beginning of a certain month they would start it.
I like the idea of doing this but I found so many I wanted to try it would take me years to do them. I could do more than one each month but I’ve tried that in the past and I always lose at least one thing, if not all, by the time the month ends.
I figured since I was turning 30 I could pick 30 of the 30 day challenges I wanted to try the most and do them one right after the other. I’ll start the first one on my birthday and every 10 days I’ll start a new one. At any one point I’ll be doing up to three challenges.
I haven’t figured out a plan of how to report my progress with each challenge but I will use the hashtag #30for30at30 whenever I post anything. That way if anyone wants to see how well things are going it will be easy to find.
The order I plan on doing the challenges, as well as the dates they will fall on are:
- 30 Days to a Split from January 20th to February 19th
- 30 Days of Doing Dishes Daily from January 30th to February 29th
- 30 Days of Chop Revival from February 9th to March 10th
- 30 Days of Oil Pulling from February 19th to March 20th
- 30 Days with No Laundry on the Floor from February 29th to March 30th
- 30 Days of
Streaming on TwitchLearning to Play Ocarina from March 10th to April 9th
- 30 Days to a 5-Minute Plank from March 20th to April 19th
- 30 Days with a Minimal Wardrobe from March 30th to April 29th
- 30 Days of Drawing from April 9th to May 9th
- 30 Days as a Vegetarian / Vegan from April 19th to May 19th
- 30 Days to a Product Launch from April 29th to May 29th
- 30 Days of Piano Practice from May 9th to June 8th
- 30 Days to 100 Push-Ups from May 19th to June 18th
- 30 Days of Decluttering from May 29th to June 28th
- 30 Days of Inspirational Tweets from June 8th to July 8th
- 30 Days to Better Posture from June 18th to July 18th
- 30 Days of Garbage from June 28th to July 28th
- 30 Days of Watching the Sun Rise from July 8th to August 7th
- 30 Days of Pull-Ups from July 18th to August 17th
- 30 Days of Sign Language from July 28th to August 27th
- 30 Days of Photos from August 7th to September 6th
- 30 Days of Reading Before Bed from August 17th to September 16th
- 30 Days without Online Purchases from August 27th to September 26th
- 30 Days of Pennies from September 6th to October 6th
- 30 Days of Couch To 5K from September 16th to October 16th
- 30 Days of Cash Only from September 26th to October 26th
- 30 Days of Handwriting Practice from October 6th to November 5th
- 30 Days of Meditation from October 16th to November 15th
- 30 Days of Saving Money from October 26th to November 25th
- 30 Days of Non-Dominant Handwriting from November 5th to December 5th
I’ll do an introductory post for each challenge when I start it, as well as a conclusion post at the end to discuss how it went. I’d like to say this schedule is set in stone but if I find a new challenge I would rather do I may replace something.